|Employment:||full time (40 uur)|
Science & fiction make reality
At a party you tell your friend that you work at an innovative company. What do we do at ViNotion? We create “smart solutions" for visual monitoring and detection, using Artificial Intelligence in combination with cameras. Imagine that you can detect, classify and monitor everything a camera sees. This opens a world of possibilities in the field of Crowd Management, Traffic & Mobility, Smart City applications, public safety, defense and many more!
ViNotion has a product range known as ViSense. This product range exists of: ViSense CrowdDynamics, ViSense TrafficDynamics, ViSense MobilityDynamics & Visense MaritimeDynamics. Each product has different features and focuses on specific traffic participants. Moreover, each product is complementary, offering flexibility to our customers. We are looking to extend our product range with more advanced video analysis features and a cloud storage for data acquisition, processing and presentation. As an R&D engineer, you are an important link in the chain and will help ViNotion to offer Artificial Intelligence as a Service.
You will be focusing on research and the further development of our ViSense products by developing Computer Vision algorithms and by performing experiments with realistic video data from the field. You will be researching if state-of-the-art algorithms from literature are suited to be employed in our products. Does it run in real-time and can it be mapped to our hardware- and software platform? You then use your own creativity to improve the algorithm and combine it into a solution for our customer. At first, experiments can be performed in a quick and flexible manner by combining different software components through the use of Python scripts. After validation with adequate realistic video data, the solution should be ported to C/C++ on our hardware platform and integrated into our product. This is done in close collaboration with our software architect and application engineers. All work is dedicated to new and exciting applications in artificial intelligence. Your contribution and original ideas are appreciated and encouraged. For an overview of our products and services, follow the following YouTube link: https://youtu.be/pxnBgfMXjo0.
Your work will be seen by governmental agencies, mobility consultants, national services and even international relations in the mobility-event and maritime sector.
Your typical day at ViNotion
Relaxed you enter the Eindhoven office, where the coffee machine awaits you. You take a sip of your coffee while starting up your computer. Your colleagues trickle in and share their new stories. You check your mail, agenda and watch the feedback of your colleagues on your source code on ReviewBoard. You process your reviews and offer an improved version for review to your colleagues. On your Task Kanban it shows that you will start specifying and implementing a new video-analysis function or improvement. You pitch your ideas to your colleagues and use their feedback to get started. In the afternoon you will focus on two different tasks: writing a script for overnight product validation on our computation servers and creating a Powerpoint presentation for our customer. After you finish the last task of your user story, you read an interesting paper with new results in the field of deep learning. Satisfied, you return home to start the next day re-energized and full of new ideas.
- A completed degree in College (HBO) or University (WO) with a Computer Vision background
- Experience in C/C++ and Python
- Experience with data-processing applications
- Good communication skills within a team and towards clients
- Self-reliant and pro-active work ethic
- You are continuously looking to improve yourself, for example by keeping up-to-date with the most recent technological advances
You are / You have:
- Must-have: Experience in object-oriented programming
- Must-have: Excellent English skills, both oral and written
- Pro: Dutch skills, both oral and written
- Pro: Living in or near Eindhoven
- Pro: Experience and affinity with programming in a Linux environment
- Pro: Experience with open source deep learning frameworks, such as Caffé or TensorFlow
- Beneficial: Experience with Python modules for data analysis (Numpy, Pandas)
- Beneficial: Affinity and knowledge of recent international developments in deep learning
What is in it for you?
We offer an independent and challenging role in a growing organisation, with a dynamical working environment and an informal and young team of co-workers.
- Salary in line with market practise
- Payment of divident
- Room for personal contributions and development
- Working in a relaxed atmosphere with welcoming colleagues
- Annual contract with possibilities for a regular employment
Want to apply? You can send your resumé and motivational letter to info <AT> vinotion <DOT> nl.