This document provides an overview of the changes for ViSense CrowdDynamics v1.3.0, released on June 30th, 2016.
The following sections describe the most notable changes for this release (aside from bugfixes and minor improvements). For the complete changelog, see below.
New metric calculation: count throughput
A new metric calculation was added to calculate the throughput of passers-by per time period. A throughput calculation facility was added for each counting preset (i.e. globally up/down). The count throughput calculation result is a single value indicating the number of passers-by counted during the time period as indicated by the query.
On the web-based user interface live statistics page gauge graph elements were added, indicating live hourly throughput values:
Web-based user interface statistics page split up
For a more logical setup of the web-based user interface pages, the statistics elements were divided over two pages: count and live statistics. The count statistics page shows cumulative and hourly count results for a selected region, the live statistics page shows live hourly throughput and live speed graphs.
Special message for system Integrators: ‘getting started’ documentation
For system integrators, wanting to use the ViSense WebSocket API, documentation is added to each system to speed up the integration process. An introduction to the ViSense WebSocket API can be found at:
The WebSocket APIs for the throughput calculation can be found at:
For more information about the implementation of the throughput API, check the getting started manual on your ViSense box for the most up-to-date information. If you have no access to your ViSense system, please see here.
Of course we are always busy improving our current system and documentation. We are always interested in suggestions to improve ViSense, thus if you have any remarks or tips, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- New metric calculation: count throughput.
- System integrator ‘getting started’ documentation.
- More automated testing to further improve the stability of our product.
- Web-based user interface statistics page split up.
- Legend removed from speed graph.
- Fixed occasional crash in statistics page when using Internet Explorer.
- Reset user session time-out when switching tabs in main menu.
- Statistics speed graph load time improvements.
- Fix error when double-clicking on “update graphs”.
- Fix error when using invalid netmask.
- Update pop-up now correctly routes to re-signin/validation page.
- User now properly signs-out when client-token not valid.
- Improving statistics graphs communication with websockets.
- Web-UI: Camera configuration fixes
- Videoframe placed correctly.
- Warning when entering invalid settings for the direction names.